Starting Kindergarten is a new adventure for you and your child. We want your child to be excited and proud to walk through the classroom door ready to take their place at ‘big’ school.
By coming to visit us in the lead up to starting school, we hope that all our newest students and families will feel welcome at Our Lady of Rosary Waitara and will gain a sense of familiarity and ease with their learning environment and their teachers and peers as they step into school.
Research suggests that children who have a positive start to school are more likely to engage well in their learning and school life.
Our transition program will take place during November and December, for children and parents to attend. Parents will receive dates, times and information regarding this, prior to the sessions.
The aims of the Transition to Kindergarten program are:
- to help ensure a smooth transition for your child as they start school
- to welcome new families to the school and to give parents the opportunity to find out more about how the school operates
- to continue to build our relationship and partnership with sibling families
- to network with other Kindergarten parents
- to meet key teachers and people from Our Lady of the Rosary School