The Mercy foundation of OLOR and our Catholic faith are evident through the artwork and displays around the school. The provision of prayer spaces and the priority of prayer in the school’s daily life supports and enhances the Church’s mission of evangelisation. Teachers, in their relationships with students, continually give witness to the gospel. We aim to work in partnership with parents who are the primary educators of their children and the creators of the environment in which their children first come to know and love God.
For Our Lady of the Rosary School to provide a quality education in a Christ-Centred, Catholic community, where children are nurtured in a secure and challenging environment.
The Mission of our school, as part of the wider mission of the Catholic Church of Broken Bay, is to nurture our children into a community of disciples of Jesus.
We are a hope-filled community working together to provide a distinctively Catholic curriculum and learning environment for our children.
We are committed to the development of the whole child – spiritually, socially, emotionally, academically and physically within a safe and stimulating learning environment.
Therefore, we will
- Share our Catholic story and beliefs with our children.
- Enable the development of quality relationships as the basis for quality teaching, learning and behaviour.
- Honour and respect the God-given uniqueness of each of our children providing challenging learning experiences that meet their needs.
- Empower our children to be critical thinkers who are able to make a difference in their world
- Encourage our children to be self-motivated, reflective and competent learners.
- Welcome, include and welcome all into our community, treating each person with respect and care, so as to create a sense of belonging and connectedness.
- Challenge and support all in our community – children, parents and teachers – to see themselves as life-long learners, committed to continuous improvement.
- Celebrate achievements, recognising that every person has God-given gifts and that we each have the responsibility to use, develop and share those gifts with other.
For God Alone